Based on advice received from Victorian health authorities and Tennis Victoria, the Point Lonsdale tennis courts have now re-opened under the following conditions:
- Please stay at home if you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days or you have even mild flu-like symptoms.
- If you are in a high-risk health category, please consider whether you should be administering or playing tennis at anytime during this period. Please do not take unnecessary risks.
- Singles, doubles and small group coaching is restricted to a maximum of ten people in a group. For this reason, only two of the four courts on the Southern side are available for play. Nets have been removed on the other two courts. There must be no more than ten people in each of the two distinct fenced areas.
- No off-court social gatherings before or after play. Get in – Play – Get out.
- Play should be limited to one hour. With only four courts available there may be times when others are waiting to play. Please be considerate of other players.
- No sharing of any equipment other than tennis balls – e.g. racquets, drink bottles, towels etc.
- Social distancing must be observed. Keep at least 1.5 metres from other people. No handshakes!
- Wash your hands properly before and after play and avoid touching your face.
- Wherever possible, do not touch hard surfaces. Entrances to the courts will be kept open during daylight hours.
- The clubrooms are closed. Toilet facilities if needed are available in the public reserve adjacent to the courts.
These rules are necessary if our courts are to remain open into the future. Please adhere to the rules and be respectful of other players.
PLTC recommends that you download the Federal Government’s COVIDSafe app which will assist in tracing others in the event of a coronavirus outbreak.